We have a vacancy at Metropolis in Chiswick, London for Head of Technical Engineer.
Candidate must have at least 10 years proven experience in electronic servicing of audio equipment in a professional environment, be self-motivated and able to work without supervision
Candidate must have experience in operating, servicing and maintaining large format analogue consoles, e.g. SSL and Neve
The candidate will be a capable engineer with good faultfinding techniques and skills, preferably with a formal electronics qualification to at least Level 3 or similar.
The candidate will have supervisory or managerial experience.
Good communication skills both in written and verbal form are essential
Reporting to the CEO of Metropolis, responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team as well as the management and execution of development projects plans.
- Ensure high standards are maintained throughout the technical installation
- Lead the engineering team in resolving unscheduled faults in a timely manner
- Plan and implement maintenance programs for the installation
- Manage an engineering team capable of supporting a high pressure high tech facility to a high standard with limited resources
- Manage the department’s staffing, shift patterns and resources
- Forecast and track expenditure for the maintenance of the business, including processing and escalating PO’s raised by the engineering team
- Plan and implement capital expenditure projects and development of the business
- Attend head of department and strategic meetings with relevant stakeholders
The technical team’s responsibilities are as follow:
- Support the range of projects undertaken by Metropolis in an operational and frontline technical capacity. To include the installation, alignment and synchronisation of all consoles, tape machines, video decks and Digital Audio Workstations as per session requirements
- Repair to component level a range of electronic equipment and consoles associated with the professional recording industry.
- Install and maintain a range of audio software and systems, both Windows and OSX based, including Pro Tools, Logic and Sadie.
- Participate in Studio Refurbishment and build programs.
- Maintain and be first port of call for ancillary facility plant equipment: Air Conditioning, Power distribution, Fire Alarm System, Satellite TV distribution, liaising with external contractors where required
- Be client facing and able to work under pressure
- Ability to work shift patterns and flexible hours where required.
- Keep up to date and be aware of changes in technology within the industry.
If you would like to apply for this position, please download and complete our application form below and email this to firstname.lastname@example.org