Metropolis offers unparalleled mixing service, with experience in almost all genres from pop to classical, hip-hop to metal. Our studios’ team has worked on recent chart-topping projects with such artists as: Ed Sheeran, AJ Tracey, Little Mix, Raye, Will.i.am and Drake (check more credits in our engineers’ bios).
Mixing from our state-of-the-art studios, with top-of-the-range consoles and hardware like SSL, Neve, Urei, Tube-Tech, and Lexicon, as well as the latest plugins we can bring your single, album, mixtape or demo to a professional standard.
What is mixing?
Processes involved in mixing include:
- Balancing levels between individual elements of the song, including using automation to change the levels in different parts of the song.
- Using panning to position elements within the stereo field.
- Using EQ to balance the frequency range of different elements so that they sit well together, as well as adjusting the tone of the song’s parts.
- Compression is used to control the dynamic range of instruments and alter the sound.
- Effects such as reverb, delay and chorus can be used to make a mix more interesting, as well as help things blend in with the track.
Overall a mix affects the relationship among the various instruments within the song. A mix for your song will balance the levels, frequencies, dynamics and stereo-image, providing a polished sound to the listener. A good quality mix will tie up the relationship of arrangements, instruments and perspective in the song.
Currently, we are offering both attended and unattended mixing sessions.
For more information please contact us via the form below or at: